Student Purchase Rebate Offer
Offering the latest technological innovations, like Smart Sense™ technology to automatically adjust the gas pressure, the Powermax65 helps you do more than ever before. Four Duramax™ torch styles provide greater versatility and enable operators to select the right tool for the job.
Improvements over the Powermax 1000
• More productivity with lower operating cost – faster cut speed, improved cut quality, and longer consumable life deliver more performance with less cost.
• Better reliability – smart design and intense testing for bulletproof performance.
• Improved torch durability - Unsurpassed heat and impact resistance with more robust internal design.
• Easier to use – simple controls, greater portability (33% smaller, 15%-30% lighter) and automatic gas regulation.
• More versatility – innovative torch designs and system features for use in more applications.
Hand torch cut capacity
• Recommended: up to 3/4" (19 mm) at cutting speeds of 20 ipm (500 mm/min)
• Maximum: up to 1" (25 mm) at cutting speeds of 10 ipm (250 mm/min)
• Severance: up to 1-1/4" (32 mm) at slow 5 ipm (125mm/min)
• Gouging metal removal rate: of 10.7 lbs. (4.8 kg) per hour
Groove Profile: .14"(3.5mm) D x .26"(6.6 mm) W
Key power supply advantages
• Smart Sense™ technology automatically adjusts the gas pressure according to cutting mode and torch lead length for optimal performance.
• Boost Conditioner™ circuit improves performance on low‑line voltage, motor generators, and fluctuating input power.
• FastConnect™ torches, CNC interface, and four work lead styles increase versatility for handheld and mechanized use.
• Simplified control panel with LCD screen for easy operation.
Key torch advantages
• Standard and short-barreled Duramax series machine torches allow a wide variety of mechanized applications with X-Y tables, track systems, pipe and robotic cutting systems.
• Conical Flow™ nozzle increases arc energy density for superior cut quality with little dross.
• Patent pending shield reduces dross buildup and enables smoother drag cutting for a better cut.
• Power Supply
• CPC Port / Remote On-Off Switch
• 25 ft. M65 Full length torch
• 25 ft. Work Cable
• Metal Service Centers
• Metal Scrapping and dismantling
• Industrial construction
• Welding repair services
• Industrial equipment manufacturing and repair
• Commercial ship manufacturing and repair
• Truck and trailer manufacturing and repair
• Farming and logging
• Vocational training
Detailed specs for Hypertherm Powermax 65 Machine System - 25 ft Lead
• 200-480V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
• 200-600V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz
Input Current @ 9Kw:
• 200/208/240/480 V, 1-PH, 52/50/44/22A
• 200/208/240/480/600 V, 3-PH, 32/31/27/13/13A
Rated Output Voltage:
• 139 VDC
Duty Cycle @ 40°C (104°F)
• 50% @ 65A, 230-600V, 1/3-PH
• 40% @ 65A, 200-208V, 1/3-PH
• 100%@ 46A, 230-600V, 1/3-PH
Open Circuit Voltage
• 295 VDC
Dimensions with Handles
• 19.7" (500 mm) D; 9.2" (234 mm) W; 17.9" (455mm) H
• Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen
Recommended Gas Inlet Flow Rate / Pressure
• Cutting: 400 scfh, 6.7 scfm @ 85 PSI
• Cutting: 450 scfh, 7.5 scfm @ 70 PSI
Input Power Cable Length
• 10 ft
Power Supply Type
• Inverter - IGBT